Auto accidents and arrests are some of the most stressful situations a person can deal with! But with an attorney on your side who knows the system, knows how to negotiate and is not afraid of trial, accident victims can relax and focus on getting healthy!
If you are in an auto accident:
- Stop safely! If you do not stop, you can be charged with misdemeanor hit-and-run. If someone is seriously injured or killed, you could be charged with a felony.
- Call 911 if someone is hurt.
- Get the names and telephone numbers of people involved (and witnesses if possible).
- Take pictures of the scene/damage to your car and other cars involved! If you have a dash camera—save that video!
- If you cannot locate the person (you hit a parked car, for example), leave a note with your information! Everything is recorded these days—again, not worth a hit-and-run case against you!
- Notify your insurance company ASAP!
- If anyone is injured or the damage is over $750: report the accident to the DMV within 10 days.
And HIRE AN ATTORNEY who can help you get the compensation you deserve! Never accept the insurance company’s first offer! When victims hire attorneys, statistics show they receive more compensation—much more than what the insurance companies initially offer!